The Athena Workshop is committed to giving back and supporting our wider community in the following ways:
- 10% of all pattern and quilt sales go to support organizations that serve survivors of domestic and sexual violence locally, nationally, and internationally.
- 100% of all profits from any Social Good patterns go to support the organizations listed in the individual pattern descriptions. A new Social Good pattern is released every year.
Through these initiatives, The Athena Workshop proudly supports and regularly donates to the following organizations.
GENERAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SUPPORT
Tennessee Coalition to End Domestic and Sexual Violence: The Coalition provides free advocacy and support to survivors of domestic and sexual violence in the form of legal counseling and legal representation, immigration assistance, immediate safety needs such as changing locks or security deposits on a new apartment, interpretation services, and community education.
- In 2020, The Athena Workshop donated $150 to the Coalition.
- In 2021, The Athena Workshop donated $257 to the Coalition.
SOCIAL GOOD PATTERN PROCEEDS
Immigrant Families Together: All proceeds from the Kokopelli Quilt pattern go to support IFT which works to help migrant families and asylum-seekers that have been separated and/or arrested at the US/Mexico border. Their work includes posting bonds and reuniting migrants and asylum-seekers with their families and providing additional ongoing support, such as legal counseling, housing, groceries, clothing, and healthcare.
- In 2020, The Athena Workshop donated $176 to IFT.
- In 2021, The Athena Workshop donated $48 to IFT.
Project Q: All proceeds from the Celebrate Pride Quilt pattern go to support Project Q, an organization in Los Angeles that provides free gender-affirming haircuts and clothes, self-empowerment workshops, food and hygiene boxes, chest binders, menstrual products, and much more to LGBTQIA+ youth experiencing homelessness.
- In 2021, The Athena Workshop donated $1,000 to Project Q.